Thursday, February 9, 2012

Velvet Splendor

What's better than a velvet sofa?  When my children are grown, and we no longer have any pets, I hope I will be ready and able to splurge on a velvet sofa. It will be a grayish blue-green like the one above from the English company Beaumont and Fletcher or perhaps from George Smith...another fabulous English furniture company.  And it will definitely have some tufting.  Until then, I will get my fix by looking at photos, and specifying for my clients.

  





















6 comments:

  1. Nothing beats velvet -particularly a silk velvet! My couch and now my dining room chairs which I had reupholstered are all in a cotton velvet which I had scotchguarded and it holds up extremely well. The couch in particular is now about 8 years old and still looks great!
    I WISH I had silk velvet but like you say it's very delicate and so expensive anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fantastic line up of beautiful sofa's.Growing up we had a velvet sofa that has stood the test of time amazingly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling - I absolutely love velvet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! Love the green sofas.
    Thank you for your nice comment.
    Happy Thursday, or I guess Friday now.
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Interesting post! Thank you for sharing them! I hope you will continue to have similar posts to share with everyone
    “Fabric sofa”

    ReplyDelete