Saturday, February 18, 2012

Nate Berkus and Anne Coyle in Chicago


The Chicago apartment designed by Nate Berkus and Anne Coyle for uber producer Ellen Rakieten was published in Elle Decor almost two years ago.  Even so, it's still one of my favorite projects to look at for inspiration.  For me it still feels very fresh.  I love the colors and the quirky mix of furniture and accessories. And a bouquet of peonies in the photos will always draw me in.  The room above is painted in Farrow and Ball off Black.  I so love the combination of the deep blue with  pink and lavender.

 The Living Room was painted Farrow and Ball gray blue, one of my favorites.  Every time I use this color, it looks a little different.  I guess that's the beauty of great paint; it changes with the light conditions. The floors and the architectural detailing are so "right".


I also really like the large-scale photographs by Mark Shaw.



This is one of my favorite dressing rooms.  I love the small desk area under the window, and the funky ornate table in the center of the space.




The gray and silver bathroom is another one of my favorites! Gray is such an simple and sophisticated color. You think it would be dull, but it's not at all.  This one is Benjamin Moore cliffside gray.





All photos from Elle Decor magazine

6 comments:

  1. I remember this home and am so glad you re-introduced me to it! I agree, the color palettes are amazing;from the rich deep blue, to the silvery grays! Love it all!

    xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the greys and the simplicity of the kitchen. Elle decor does it again. Leahx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Leah, I think when that article was published Margaret Russell was the Editor in Chief. Now that she has moved to Architectural Digest, AD now has that sense of fresh sparkle and glamor that Elle Decor used to have. I think she's genius at what she does.Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am in love with the sophisticated marble topped tub!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am frequently to blogging we truly appreciate your content regularly. The content has really peaks my interest. I’m going to bookmark your blog and maintain checking choosing info. Chicago architects

    ReplyDelete