Monday, February 6, 2012

I Am Love; the star of the movie

I recently watched the movie I Am Love on Netflix. The movie came out in 2009, I  never got to the theater to see it so I was excited to find out that I could see it on Netflix.  It was directed by Luca Guadagnino and stars Tilda Swinton.  Much of the movie takes place in the family's home in Milan.  If you ask me, I think the real star of the movie is the villa in which the movie was filmed. It has an elegant and sophisticated, yet menacing presence.  Villa Necci Campiglio was designed in the 1930's by Pierro Poraluppi, in the style which is sometimes referred to  as fascist architecture. The overall concept is very classical, yet the scale of the elements are very large, and the detailing is minimal, almost modern. The overall effect is quite beautiful and yet troubling at the same time. The villa is actually a museum, so the next time you are in Milan, you can see it for yourself.















No comments:

Post a Comment