Thursday, December 23, 2010

Bowls of Joy

I like making simple easy centerpieces with glass ball ornaments and a pretty bowl or dish.  I bought these beautiful Martha Stewart ornaments from K-Mart a few years back.  I can't stand the traditional Christmas shades of green and red, so when Martha came out with her line of grey blues, sage greens, and cranberry colored pinks, I went a little crazy buying whatever I could find.  Now I'm so happy I did, because I don't believe they are carrying the Martha Stewart products anymore.  These ornaments were very inexpensive.  Which goes to show you that good design doesn't have to be expensive.  Martha and her team clearly paid attention to great color, proportion, and shape, and came up with a beautiful, yet inexpensive line of products.  Yeah Martha!

J. Huestis

Veranda

I like the combination of green and silver in this photo.  Also notice the bird.  I'm not sure why but I love when birds are part of the Holiday decor.  But that's a post for another time.
   
Veranda

I like the peacock inspired colors mixed with the leaves in the bowl.

J. Huestis

I used white ornaments with a silver dish and some silver and blue beads as an accessory in a blue room.

J. Huestis

Ok, no glass ornaments here, but I continued the silver, white and blue theme on this table scape.

Martha Stewart

Veranda

Here the flowers are in the bowl and the ornaments are on a wreath on the mirror. The green, gold, and white make an elegant combination. 


2 comments:

  1. Love your glass ball ornament centerpieces as well as Veranda's with the lovely inclusion of the green and blue. I also have some of Martha's K-Mart silver balls and they were a great deal indeed. Wishing you a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always use white hydrangeas at Christmas. They love water, but I nurse them through the winter and plant them in the Spring. My garden is loaded with them, and I love the economy of converting my indoor flowers to outdoor perennial shrubs. I buy them at the grocery store, but after three years in the ground they are monsters!
    Best,
    Liz

    ReplyDelete