Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Better than Downton Abbey? Parade's End


More period drama eye candy!  In February HBO aired Parade's End the new BBC period drama based on a fictional work of the same name by Ford Maddox Ford. Parade's End has gotten great critical reviews. The miniseries of 5 episodes was directed by Susanna White and written by Tom Stoppard.    The series is set in Edwardian England, the same time frame as Downton Abbey.  Fans of Downton Abbey will be familiar with the dress and decor of that era. The stills from the series are beautiful...great costumes, architecture and interiors are stunning. The actors aren't too shabby either. The series stars Benedict Cumberbatch. He is the mesmerizing, fabulous lead in the recent British version of Sherlock Holmes. Other stars include Rebecca Hall, Adelaide Clemens, Rupert Everett, and Miranda Richardson. Much of the series was filmed on location at Dorton House in Kent.  I don't get HBO so I haven't seen it yet but am extremely anxious to...netflix?? soon I hope. 









 












2 comments:

  1. You will be satisfied with it. I loved it. It is different than DA, but I enjoyed it nevertheless. I am a big fan of Ann Marie Duff and have followed her career since she played Queen Elizabeth I with Tom Hardy. You should watch that if you haven't. One of my favorite shows.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hadn't heard of it! Thanks for getting the word out.

    ReplyDelete