Monday, November 16, 2009

House and Garden Cover Design


I recently received an email from Conde Nast advertising that they are selling prints of photos and illustrations from their various magazines.   I looked through their website, being particularly interested in the House and Garden magazine covers.  There were some absolutely beautiful illustrations on the covers of the magazine in the 1920's and 1930's.

These Illustrations are by H George Brandt; they are my favorite.  I love his use of color, sometimes unusual compositon, and the Asian feel of the paintings.






















These illustrations are by Charles Livingston Bull.  I love his recurring theme of birds, and assymetrical compositions.  Aren't they charming?












These are by Ethel Franklin Betts Baines





You can see these and all of the other artwork availabe from Conde Nast by going to the website http://www.condenaststore.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment